1. Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
We collect, handle, use and apply your personal data generated when using the System for the following purposes: establishment of user payment channels, client management, and business marketing, so as to elevate service quality.
2. Personal Data Collection
- When you register to enroll in the System, your mobile number and e-mail address are required.
- When you use the System, you may provide us with the following information:
- Personal identifiers, including but not limited to: name, home address, telephone number, e-signature, digital certificate card number, records of online identification/queries, and any other information for identifying a person.
- Identifiers of personal finance, including but not limited to: account numbers/names with financial institutes, credit/debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, or any other number or account regarding personal finance.
- Identifiers issued by government agencies, including but not limited to: NRIC number, Passport Number etc.
- Technical data generated when other users use the System, including but not limited to: IP addresses, login time, locations, transactions and other information regarding leisure activities, personal hobbies, and lifestyle for identifying a person.
3. Time period, regions, targets and methods of using the personal data
- The information collected by us will be used in the following areas:
- The personal data you have provided (e.g. name) is the basis to identify your membership; the credit card number you provide is the basis for you to enjoy the promotional service of the credit card.
- Your usage information and technical materials is the basis for us to improve the System.
- We will share the promotional information through notification or e-mails. If you do not want to receive any promotional message, you may unsubscribe the notification service at any time. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the settings.
- The use of information mentioned above will be processed in digital ways.
- The period of use of the personal data will start from the date you have obtained a personal account until you are not allowed to use and watch ‘Lighthouse Learning System’ provided by us.
- We may disclose your personal data, within the purpose scope specified in Article 1 herein, to our affiliates (including subsidiary or controlled companies) or third-party industries who cooperate with or provide services to us, including but not limited to agencies, dealers and distributors of our products or services, or suppliers and service providers with products and services necessary for us to expand business, or other project contractors entrusted by us. Your personal data will be processed and used within the region of the Singapore and in the regions where our affiliates or the aforementioned third-party industries engage in business activities. Our affiliates or third-party industries shall use your personal data for the following purposes:
- The e-mail address you provide will be used to provide advertisement by way of cookies analysis, and to select or find out potential users who have similar hobbies or interests with our members.
- To manage customers, including but not limited to provide service based on contact information, payment records, use of services, etc., and to organize, prepare and maintain personal data.
- Other usages in accordance with our collection purposes.
- To provide the information to government agencies where you have applied for grants to pay for the course fees.
- Our affiliates will protect your personal data by applying the same requirements specified herein. We also require third-party industries to fulfill obligations of protecting your personal data in accordance with local acts or contracts agreed with us. We and our affiliates, without your consent, will not disclose your personal data to any third person. You may also exercise relevant rights in accordance with Article 4 herein.
4. Your rights to Your Personal Data
- You may make an application to us for reviewing, changing (complete or correct) your personal data, or requesting a copy of the information. We have the right to decline the aforementioned request if it is not made by yourself or before your identification is verified by us. If necessary, we will request you to provide any relevant information and written documents in order to handle the procedures involved in the aforementioned requirements.
- You may request us to stop collecting, handling, using or deleting your personal data; in case that such a request may affect the normal operation of this System, we have to stop providing a part of service, or stop providing this System to members and terminate service agreement.
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and or your personal data for any or all purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event that such a request or application may impair the state interests, obstruct public organization to perform statutory duties, impair collection agency or third person’s vital interests, we have right to decline your application for changing, deleting or transferring personal data.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
5. Personal data protection
- We take necessary technical actions and security measures to protect your information, and have a specific person in charge to maintain the security of the personal data at high level. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection , use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need to know basis.
- While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
- You agree that when you register as a member of the System, the information provided by you is true. You shall keep us informed if any unlawful use or any abnormality of your information is noted.
- You agree that when you use the System, the information you provide is legitimate without any infringement of rights, violation of agreements or involvement in any illegal activities.
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to Ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided herein.
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will take steps to Ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
6. Amendments of privacy and personal data protection policy and its validity
- We will update this Policy from time to time in accordance with relevant Acts applicable in the Republic of Singapore on the protection of privacy and personal data. The update procedures and validity shall adopt terms prescribed in Users Service Agreement.
- If you have any questions about our privacy or personal data protection policy, please send e-mails to email@example.com.